Skip to the main content.

There are a multitude of reasons why you would plead guilty to a traffic ticket. You may not have the time to appear in court, or you may want to pay it and forget it. It's understandable, with how hectic life can be to not put too much worry into a moving violation

If you are involved in an accident with another vehicle and receive a traffic ticket due to it, such as Careless Driving or Unsafe Lane Change, pleading guilty can potentially be used as evidence against you.

If a civil case is started by the injured party the original plea of guilty can be used as an admission of negligence. This civil action must be started no later than two years after the initial accident There is one very important way to help protect yourself from this potentially life changing outcome, and that’s to file a civil reservation. A civil reservation makes the original plea non-evidentery 

Whenever we at the Simon Law Group defend a client who has been involved in an accident we seek a civil reservation at no additional charge. We want to put our clients minds at ease over the future.

In 2015, the Supreme Court of New Jersey reviewed the Civil Reservation in ‘Maida vs. Kuskin.’ In their opinion, they reiterated some aspects of the procedure such as the necessity that request for reservation be made in open court at the time of the plea, where the prosecutor or the victims may protest the decision. It also said that a Civil Reservation cannot be obtained without an appearance in the court.

If you have been in a car accident and fear that you have injured someone seek out an attorney immediately. We at the Simon Law Group would be happy to speak to you about any traffic violations you have received to make sure they don’t come back to haunt you in the future.

If you are seeking representation for a traffic case, call today for a free consultation 800-709-1131 or fill out a contact form on our website for a no-cost consultation.We hope to hear from you today!